Wednesday 20 August 2014

Spend An Occasional Day With Yourself

All you ladies out there, sitting at home alone.... boyfriend too busy? Friends not free? husband out of town? Taking a day off from work? Or just a holiday? And you are sitting at home all alone? Don't worry. You have your best friend to spend the day with - you!

I did it today and I have to say it was an amazing day! I saw 2 movies today, had some very yummy lunch while at the movies and treated myself to some fun shopping! Doing exactly what you want, when you want and how you want to do it was absolutely liberating. I didn't have to fit my plans with anyone else's. And if I got late doing anything it didn't bother anyone other than me (of course I didn't mind it too much myself!)

For the record, I saw Guardians of The Galaxy and 22 Jump Street, two totally time pass fun movies to watch when you have nothing else to do. What was even better was that, today being a weekday, the movie hall was almost entirely empty and I loved sitting wherever I wanted all by myself and didn't have to worry / bother myself about people sitting next to me! Movie watching heaven in my opinion...

Shopping was a close second too... And not to mention, the absolute joy of finding a parking space easily just because I decided to see the first show of the day. All those living in big cities where finding parking is like seeing a real life miracle will know what I am talking about!

On the whole, I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed myself so much! I thought I would get bored or lonely by the end of the day or in the middle of my outing. Quite the contrary. It has been some time since I enjoyed solitude so much! I would definitely recommend an outing with yourself occasionally. You will be surprised at exactly how relaxed and free you feel....




No comments:

Post a Comment