Wednesday 13 August 2014

Footloose and Fancy-free - An introduction......

What does being footloose and fancy-free mean? To me it means -

 I can live the life I want to live... 

I can experience life the way I want to .... 

I can do the small things I want to do and enjoy them the way I want to just because I can.... 

I live in a small city, belong to a typical Indian family and like to believe that I am pretty close to my folks at home. I like spending time with my friends and love trying out new things whenever I get the opportunity. I have worked hard and love to spend all my savings by travelling and seeing as much as I can in trips within India as well as outside. 

Over the last few years, specially the last few months, I have begun to feel like I need to experience more of this thing we call life. I have felt the tedium creep into the day-to-day affairs of working and going back to an empty and listless home. True that a good book is a great companion, but there comes a time when you want to do more than read a book, surf the net or kill a few grey cells by watching television. 

And then a few days ago, inspiration hit! I am single. I am independent. I have no responsibilities. I really am footloose and fancy-free! I can do what I want! Well, to a great extent anyway... 

So I have decided to write about what I experience from now on, be it travelling with family or friends or even alone. What it is like to go and watch a movie all by myself.... just because I can.... How was it when I spent the entire day listening to my latest favourite music reading a book and sipping amazing Jasmine tea... Anything thing that strikes my "Fancy". 

Off to Coorg tomorrow. Next - an update on my trip..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment